Sunday, April 14, 2013

Cinnamon Challenge


Yesterday I tried something that no normal human being - in their right mind - should ever try...EVER!

During my Journalism class at fourth hour I acquired the necessary equipment and sadly, willing, volunteers who had no qualms about participating in none other than the dreaded cinnamon challenge.

Morgan Anderson dumping out cinnamon


I know some of you must be thinking that the cinnamon challenge is an old fab that has lived out its short time fame and should stop popping up randomly around the internet. Well, my words to you are only this; it was fun and I wanted to try it, so leave me be!

We set up outside in the school courtyard around a little red plastic table, with a group of cups filled with water, some plastic spoons, and three containers of cinnamon. There were probably around fifteen - twenty volunteers to try the challenger, including the my Journalism teach, Julie Hooker, and Vice Principle Mr. Macintosh.

Mr. Macintosh trying the challenge



Each volunteer shoved a spoonful of cinnamon into their mouth and tried to eat and swallow it as fast as they could, and surprisingly we had a number of them exceed at this, supposedly, impossible challenge.

Now, when I tried my own spoonful of cinnamon, I managed to keep my cool for, oh I don’t know, ten seconds? Then I was coughing up the vile substance and running off towards the grass to scrape my tongue, and my knees (yes I fell over running, hush).
This was one of the worst things that I have ever tried, and I don’t think I will ever be able to enjoy cinnamon the same way ever again. In my own recommendation, don’t ever try this, it’s not worth it!

Me scraping my tongue
Now, I’m going to go and try to get the taste of cinnamon out of my mouth......

No comments:

Post a Comment