Friday, March 29, 2013

Flyleaf

I've done it yet again, I've attended yet another one of my concerts and now I believe it is time to write a well worded review, no?

This concert was held at a smaller staging are in downtown Salt Lake at a little place called the Venue and the concert featured three bands all together. The place was hardly full when the first band came out on stage which gave me an excellent front stage spot to watch.

Image Source: http://palaceofrock.blogspot.com/2012_12_01_archive.html

Stars and Stereo, a five member band from LA, opened with a band that seemed to get the crowd reeling and excited. They presented themselves with confidence and ease even though this was their first tour and their sound was positively amazing.

They somehow managed to incorporate a number of different musical properties into their songs, which is an expectation of any band that can be remotely considered good. They seemed to be a mix of rock, metal, and a bit electronic, making them appealing and interesting to listen to.

The band together also had a very pleasing on stage personality and knew how to interact well with their crowd managing to include them in each of the songs. If it wasn't clapping it was singing along or jumping around.

Image Source: drowningpool.com
Drowning pool was the second band to come on stage and let me just say now, they were the reason I brought the ticket in the first place. This was a band that I am very familiar with because of their most well known song, Let the Bodies Hit the Floor.

They came on stage reeling and ready to preform in all their edginess and crude music. This was the first time that I also got to see their new singer and hear a few songs off their new album and let me just tell you now, they did not disappoint.

Jasen Moreno, the newest vocalist of the group showed the crowd that he was ready and prepared to fill in the roll of the countless number of singers before him and he did a fantastic job.

He connected well with the audience and gave the illusion that he actually knew you personally instead  of him being up on a three foot high stage in front of you playing you some music.

Drowning Pool, though always changing has remained a great band nonetheless and they actually were my highlight of the entire concert.

Image Source: http://bloody-disgusting.com/contests/

Flyleaf was the last band to preform that night, and by this time I was starting to get tired and my feet were starting to kill, but they still managed to keep me interested and incorporated...For most of the time.

They were also sporting a brand new spanking singer, Kristen May. She took a safer and more similar approach to the music and kept the same sound and rythme as the old singer which was familiar and appreciated but a bit of a let down.

Flyleaf were pumped and ready to preform and gave it their all out on stage, and a few of them even jumped down and joined the crowd near the end of the setlist they were playing, which proved they were not only willing to join the restless crowd, but also how dedicated they were to their fans.

They played their hearts out and made sure that the concert went out with a bang! When they played their last song, with flashing lights, heavy music, and a singer who's lungs wouldn't quit, I found myself happily jumping along with the music, much to my feet's complaint.

The concert was a splendid one and I can't wait to see who I will see live next.

No comments:

Post a Comment